Pinnacle Race Course hosts a big day of racing this Saturday, featuring four stakes races for the juvenile and older male and female divisions. This post will examine the days two-year-old contests, while the next one will break down the more experienced competitors.
Hustle Now leads Sickle’s Image Stakes field
Michigan’s two-year-old fillies will get their first chance to earn some blacktype in Saturday’s $50,000 Sickle’s Image Stakes at Pinnacle Race Course.
Five of the eight horses in the Sickle’s Image enter the six furlong race with a win under their belt. Among the winners, Hustle Now registered the highest Beyer Speed Figure in her maiden victory, earning a 47. The Creative Filly tallied the number in her most recent start, a five furlong Aug. 25 maiden special weight event at Pinnacle, where she prevailed by 3 1/2 lengths. Hustle Now is trained by Larry Uelmen for owner Sheffield Farms. Regular rider Angel Stanley will be in the irons.
Top Touch earned her first victory in a 4 1/2 furlong maiden special weight contest on July 28 at Pinnacle. The Touch Gold filly out-dueled her rivals in that effort and finished two lengths ahead at the wire. Top Touch is owned by Charlie Williams and trained by Sandra Adkins. Federico Mata will have the mount on Saturday.
Also entered is Fortune in Gold, whose maiden victory came in a five furlong Aug. 11 maiden special weight race at Pinnacle. In that race, Fortune in Gold led at every point of call on her way to a driving two length win. JJ Delgado will ride Fortune in Gold for owner Steve Prain and trainer Dave Kueffner.
#. Horse / Jockey / Trainer / Odds
1. Top Touch / F Mata / S M Adkins / 2-1
2. Creative Life / A Ortiz / J R Jackson / 6-1
3. Beija Fleur / J Skerrett / R M Gorham / 8-1
4. Run With Rachel / A A Marin / R J Rettele / 15-1
5. Q Ginger Snap / R Barrios / S M Adkins / 10-1
6. Fortune in Gold / J J Delgado / D Kueffner / 4-1
7. Hustle Now / A O Stanley / L R Uelmen / 5-2
8. Q Elegant Storm / G Laurente / J T White / 20-1
Prince of Paulie headlines Patrick Wood Stakes
Though all but one of the ten horses entered in the $50,000 Patrick Wood Stakes at Pinnacle Race Course have found the winner’s circle, none have had the opportunity to take their game to the next level and earn a stakes victory. That will change this Saturday when a full field enters the gates for the six furlong contest.
Prince of Paulie enters the Patrick Wood coming off the widest margin of victory in the field. The Meadow Prayer gelding shot to the lead in a 4 1/2 furlong maiden special weight race at Pinnacle on Aug. 4 and extended to a driving 6 1/4 length triumph. JJ Delgado will ride Prince of Paulie for owner John Mack and trainer Richard Rettele.
Power of Titus broke his maiden in a convincing fashion as well, having taken a July 21 maiden special race at Pinnacle by 3 1/4 lengths. The Secret Romeo colt enters the race off a fifth place finish in an Aug. 25 allowance race at Mountaineer. Power of Titus is owned and trained by Del Waite and will be ridden by Rick Knott.
Hour By Hour is one of three horses in the field to enter the Patrick Wood off a single start, all of whom were winners. The Elusive Hour colt got his maiden win out of the way quickly in a June 23 special weight event, which he won by 3/4 lengths. Hour by Hour is trained by James Jackson for owner Valerie Irvine. Angel Stanley picks up the mount.
#. Horse / Jockey / Trainer / Odds
1. Sahmmy Falls / F Mata / S M Spiess / 15-1
2. Prince of Paulie / J J Delgado / R J Rettele / 7-2
3. Meadow Magic / A A Marin / J R Jackson / 8-1
4. Hour by Hour / A O Stanley / J R Jackson / 6-1
5. Bentley Red / G Lagunes / D Cluley / 12-1
6. Power of Titus / R L Knott / D D Waite / 3-1
7. Call the Natives / L Frazzitta, Jr. / M A Barron / 10-1
8.Sunny Stripe / J Skerrett / R M Gorham / 12-1
9. Ready to Tango / R Barrios / L R Uelmen / 9-2
10. Dream Victory / A Ortiz / J R Jackson / 15-1