Michigan’s two-year-old fillies division will make its first showing in stakes competition in Saturday’s $50,000 Sickle’s Image Stakes at Pinnacle Race Course.
The Sickle’s Image drew a field of nine Michigan-bred juvenile fillies going six furlongs. The 2009 running of the race was won by eventual divisional champ Hustle Now.
The entry with the most experience in the field is Harlan Trace. A daughter of Elusive Hour, Harlan Trace began her racing career at Mountainer in West Virginia, then came north to Pinnacle. She enters the Sickle’s Image off a half length victory in an Aug. 21 maiden special weight race at the Detroit racetrack. Harlan Trace is owned by Elkhorn Oaks Inc. and trained by James Jackson. Octavio Bernal will have the riding assignment in Saturday’s race.
Silk And Lace was a quick starter, winning one of Pinnacle’s first two-year-old races of the year. Following her July 24 maiden special weight race, the Shaniko filly tallied an unplaced finish in an Aug. 27 allowance race at Presque Isle Downs. Ricardo Barrios will be in the saddle for owner and trainer Jaroslav Gold.
Also entered is Evil Secret. The Secret Romeo filly comes into the Sickle’s Image after graduating in an Aug. 8 maiden special weight race at Pinnacle. Patrick White will give Federico Mata the leg up for owner II B’s Thoroughbreds.
#. Horse / Jockey / Trainer / Odds
1. Going For More / J Skerrett / G S Bennett / 7-2
2. Harlan Trace / O Bernal / J R Jackson / 4-1
3. Ittybittyprayer / A Hernandez-Lopez / R J Rettele / 15-1
4. Evil Secret / F Mata / P L White / 5-1
5. Germs / J J Delgado / A Talsma / 8-1
6. Dehere And Now / A A Marin / J R Jackson / 20-1
7. Paris Prayer / T Molina / J R Jackson / 5-2
8. Waxies Willie / W P Rini / G R Fiesman / 12-1
9. Silk And Lace / R Barrios / J Gold / 10-1