Date: 15th century
1: one that claims
2 a: claiming race
b: a horse running in a claiming race
Joe Nevills is a recent graduate of Central Michigan University officially majoring in journalism and unofficially majoring in horse racing.
After growing up learning the sport from his grandfather at Mount Pleasant Meadows, Joe fell in love with horse racing at Great Lakes Downs following his family’s Thoroughbred Royal Charley.
In 2008, Joe worked as an intern for the Thoroughbred Times in Lexington, Kentucky. It is his goal to obtain a career in the horse racing media industry.
Joe has also had photos and/or stories published in Thoroughbred Times TODAY, The Midwest Thoroughbred, Arabian Finish Line, Michigan Horse Sports, NTRA.com, StallionESearch.com and Thorofan.com.
Racetracks Joe has visited
– Arlington Park; Arlington Heights, IL
– Beulah Park; Grove City, OH
– Churchill Downs; Louisville, KY
– Ellis Park; Henderson, KY
– Great Lakes Downs; Muskegon, MI
– Hoosier Park; Anderson, IN
– Indiana Downs; Shelbyville, IN
– Keeneland Race Course; Lexington, KY
– Mount Pleasant Meadows; Mt. Pleasant, MI
– Pimlico Race Course; Baltimore, MD
– Pinnacle Race Course; New Boston, MI
– Prairie Meadows; Altoona, IA
– River Downs; Cincinnati, OH
– Sam Houston Race Park; Houston, TX
– The Red Mile; Lexington, KY
– Turfway Park; Florence, KY
– Yellowstone Downs; Billings, MT
*Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this website were taken by me with a Sanyo 5 MP Xacti VPC-503 Digital Camera or Kodak EasyShare Z980.